Thursday 23 January 2014

Testimonial by Clive Rew
 
 
 
 
I am an in my 50’s and regard myself as an experienced Stalker / Hunter in the UK. After several trips to South Africa in recent years, and close to 100 plains game, consider myself a seasoned hunter on the ‘Dark Continent’.
I first met Clayton about six years ago when he was one of several PH’s used by a our hunting party on a concession in KZN.  Although I was hunting with his best friend Rudolph, my son was accompanied by Clayton; the trust I placed in him to guide my son, was well founded. In my opinion, it’s all about safety and attitude in a client / PH relationship and I my son had nothing but praise for the way Clayton conducted the hunt.  My close hunting buddy here in the UK also had the trip of a lifetime on his first hunt in Africa, when Clayton got him onto a 57” Kudu Bull.
 
I have hunted with Clayton and Rudolph several times and so decided to arrange a trip to Umdende for two of my colleagues from the UK whom are seasoned stalkers but had never hunted in Africa.  That is was in May this year and the three of us had an extremely rewarding and satisfying trip.  This was the first time that I had actually stayed at Umdende, even though I had hunted with Clayton many times before.  The “Umdende” experience was made special for us, not only because of the luxury of Umdende but especially by the way we were looked after by Claytons beautiful wife “Debbie”
Clayton is a professional PH in every sense of the word, when you couple this with friendliness of the staff and the quality of animals on Umdende; you have a recipe for success.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Umdende experience to anyone wishing to be looked after by nice people in a luxurious setting.  
The question you always have to ask yourself is: “would I go back and hunt there again”, the answer for me is “Oh yes, in a heart beat”
Clive Rew (London UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment